Tips and Tricks to Save More at Viator
When you want to plan a summer trip to Europe, it’s natural to feel overwhelmed, especially in your wallet. Luckily, Viator offers a variety of customizable ways to save money on your own terms. Read on to learn about choosing your own private tour guide, signing up and earning discounts, and benefitting from Viator’s low price guarantee. You can also find out how to save when you apply to be a private tour guide, along with other key tips for saving.
- Sign up and save. Your first stop on your savings expedition is signing up on Viator. It’s completely free to sign up, and you’ll get your discounts right off the bat. As a Viator member, you’ll have access to sales only available to members and insider travel tips to help you save when you book your next flight to Paris or Rome. This could be as easy as bypassing lines and crowds or getting discounts on local attractions. Better yet, each new member gets a 10% discount on their first purchase. Just key in your email address. And you’ll be on your way to staying updated with the best travel deals.
- The Low Price Guarantee is no joke. One of Viator’s best features is the low price guarantee, which gives you the best available online prices for your destinations. They give you the honest prices upfront, without any hidden fees or costs. And their prices are already lower than competitors. Not only that, but the low price guarantee will protect you in two key ways:
- You’re pretty much guaranteed the best price. In fact, if you find the same activity or tour for a better price, Viator will refund the difference. Just contact Viator within 72 hours of booking and give them the details. Don’t worry, there aren’t any exceptions or gimmicks to worry about.
- The low price guarantee also comes into effect if you find a better deal when you hop off your flight at your destination. You can still send Viator the details and get a refund just as easily. Their number one priority is getting you the savings you deserve, so be sure to take advantage of them. Just keep in mind that the low price guarantee will only allow one refund per activity or tour.
- Book a group trip without the extra hassle.Whether you want to plan a big family trip or a few excursions during your work conference, Viator has a simple way to book large groups. You won’t be limited to certain activities or events just because you want to purchase a ton of tickets. Just browse through the many tours and events available on Viator and find the ones you think your group will love. Instead of booking right away, you can fill out a group service and booking form on Viator’s website. All you need is your contact information and the name of the tour or event you’re most interested in. The Groups Department at Viator will contact you within 5-7 business days to discuss your options. It’s that easy. This is a great deal, considering that getting the best experience is sometimes difficult when you’re part of a large group. You won’t have to sacrifice the quality of your trip, and you and your party will enjoy activities that everyone will love.
- Customize your trip with a private tour guide.Taking a tour in a foreign city can be good or bad, depending on the quality of your tour guide. Viator hires only the best private tour guides who are experts in their cities. Viator allows you to sift through all the tour guides available with descriptions, ratings, photos, and other key info to help you make your choice. Booking a private tour guide on Viator is completely FREE but separate charges will apply. Each tour guide will have a different price for his or her services, so you’ll save with a choice that’s customized for your budget. There’s even an option to message a tour guide with any questions you have. This personalized booking experience is unlike any other, and can help ensure that you get the experience you want. As far as paying for private tour guides goes, you’ll have to see what each guide charges separately. Some might accept many currencies, while others might prefer the local currency. Taking a little time to figure out what guide fits your style will save you a ton in the long run.
- City experts can apply as private tour guides for free.If you find your friends and family always asking you about the best things to do in your area, why not apply to be a Viator private tour guide? It’s 100% FREE to apply and registration is also free of charge. You’ll have complete access to tools that will help you plan your own tours and upload all your information. You’re even able to come up with your own guiding rates. That’s right, you are the one in charge of how much you’ll make with each tour. Just select your preferred currency and payment method. Viator does ask that you pay a 20% commission of your tour price, but that’s the only fee you’ll pay as a tour guide. Once you’re set with your profile photos, sample itineraries, and video clips, you’re ready to go! Viator will send you a booking confirmation message when a client signs up for your tour. Then you’re on your way to making some extra cash exploring your own city. For more info about this cool Viator deal, you can check out their site under FAQs.
- Check out Viator’s travel blog.If you’re dreaming of a romantic trip to Paris or a memorable visit to Barcelona but have no idea where to start, the Viator travel blog is a great place to begin. If you’ve never been to a certain city, it makes sense that you might not know the best things to do. The travel blog is loaded with info about places to go, things to do, and other travel advice. You can spend hours just looking through pictures to get you inspired. Whether you like a sightseeing tour or a walk through an art museum, you can find the best options available in your favorite city. You’ll also be able to see comments from customers and visitors of those places to get a better idea. The travel blog also includes FREE suggested itineraries, which is like getting your trip planned for you at no cost. Viator is good about providing you with the info you need so you can save money and time when you book.
- Last minute cancellations won’t ruin your trip.If something comes up a couple days before your planned a Viator tour or event, there’s no need to stress about it. You can make a cancellation within 48 hours before the tour starts. If there’s just a time conflict you’re concerned about, it’s easy to contact your tour guide and schedule another date and time. However, if you’re cancelling completely, the deposit you pay up front is nonrefundable. It’s important to keep in mind that your tour guide turned down other tours to meet your needs, so make sure there aren’t any immediate conflicts when you book your tour. You might also run into the problem of a tour guide cancelling your tour, which is out of your control. Maybe he or she didn’t show up on time or just cancelled the tour completely. If this is the case, you will be refunded in full. Although it’s not required that you reconfirm your booking, it’s probably a good idea to contact your tour guide a few days in advance to confirm date and time to avoid these issues. For more info about cancellations or getting any refunds, you can find what you need on Viator’s FAQ page.
- Follow Viator on social media.You know you have your phone or tablet nearby. Take a break from scrolling through your last vacation photos and follow Viator on your favorite social media platforms. This will probably be your first destination for finding the latest deals and discounts, so it’s good to have your notifications switched on. You’ll also find travel tips and advice, along with photos and other cool updates. Viator might advertise special trips for different cities depending on the season; there’s nothing like a spring vacation in France. Use either Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest to communicate with other Viator customers and share your experiences abroad.
When it comes to booking your dream vacation with Viator, there really isn’t a wrong way to save. There are so many options to customize your trip based on your budget, and with extra deals and savings, you are more than good to go. Be sure to check back with Coupon Surf and on Viator’s website for the latest coupons and promos to help make your trip unforgettable, while still being affordable.