Tips and Tricks to Save More at Smarthome
Our promo codes provide a great baseline for saving big at Smarthome, but do you know all of the other ways you can save? Hot deals, exclusive email discounts, and price matching are all ways that you can save money while enjoying the convenience of home automation, security and surveillance technology. Keep reading to get in the know, and find out every way to keep more cash in your bank account!
- Did somebody say free shipping? Paying for electronic gear can sometimes do a number on your budget, and tacking shipping costs on top of that is enough to make anyone concerned. With Smarthome, you don’t have to stress yourself out about that! They offer free standard, domestic shipping on all orders totalling $199 or more, which allows you to splurge a little without having to pay a lot. It’s important to note that, if your item is extremely large or heavy, a shipping charge may apply. Wondering how you’ll know before you buy? All you have to do is go into your shopping cart and put your zip code in the box. Then Smarthome will calculate your cost if there is any. It’s a quick and easy way to find out if you can get all the items you want delivered to your doorstep absolutely free!
- Same-day shipping gets you your gear faster.Waiting around for your home automation products to ship can be a real drag. The great news is that, with Smarthome, you don’t have to wait! All orders placed by 3 pm Pacific Standard time Monday through Friday will ship the same day. This can easily cut down on the need to expedite your shipping, allowing you to take full advantage of their free shipping deal while getting your products before you know it. Missed the 3 p.m. cutoff on a Friday afternoon? Don’t worry—your package will ship out on Monday.
- Rack up the rewards with Smarthome.Rewards programs are a great way to amp up your savings when shopping at your favorite retailer, and Smarthome is certainly no exception. All you have to do is register on the website to start earning, and every $1 you spend online will earn you 1 point. In addition to making purchases, you can also earn 50 points by leaving a product review, and 5 points for tagging a product. The minimum amount of points you can redeem is 1,250. Use points to take money off of your total the next time you shop at Smarthome! It’s important to note that the maximum number of points you can have at one time is 10,000, at which point some will need to be spent before you can earn more. Could there be an easier way to save?
- Sign up for emails and get bonus reward points.There is nothing better than having top deals and discounts at your fingertips when you’re shopping, and Smarthome makes that convenient with their email newsletter. When you sign up, you will receive emails that keep you in the loop of all their upcoming sales. You’ll also find out about new products they’re launching. And even discover exclusive Smarthome deals that are limited only to newsletter subscribers. Beyond all of that, you will get 50 rewards points just for putting in your email! Join the elite team of Smarthome insiders and sign up today!
- Always get the lowest price, guaranteed!There’s nothing more frustrating than buying something only to find the same item somewhere else for a cheaper price. With Smarthome, you can buy with confidence knowing that they will make that right. All you have to do is provide them with the paper advertisement featuring the lower price within 30 days of making your purchase, and they will issue you a credit for the amount of the difference. Getting a Lowest Price Guarantee on already low prices? Sign us up!
- Open boxes lead to major savings.Ever wonder what happens to products that are returned without having been used? At Smarthome, they’re available for a discount at their Open Box page. These items have all been put to the test by their skilled employees and are in good working order. But since they may not have the boxes they came in, they come straight to you at a fraction of their retail price. Some products are available for a great savings of $75 off their regular cost! As always, you can buy these products with confidence, as Smarthome will exchange them for you if they don’t work properly.
- Too many items leads to slashed clearance prices.Smarthome likes to pare down their inventory by putting great products on their clearance page, offering you deep discounts on brand new, factory-sealed items! With Smarthome clearance, you can find everything from driveway monitors to voice trackers to key pads. Some deep discounts can total up to $150 off their normal prices. The stock does tend to fluctuate over the course of time. So be sure to check out the Smarthome clearance section next time you’re browsing the site. And see what savings you can bring home to automate and protect your house.
- Sales on sales.We all know that sales lower prices. But sales on sales can make them even lower! Smarthome frequently runs promotions that entitle customers to up to 50% off the lowest price of select items. That lets you double down on your savings. These promotions run for limited times and do tend to be a surprise, so keep your eyes open when you’re scoping their wares online. You can also find them by checking your Smarthome emails. Or keep current with the Smarthome social media pages.
- Put Smarthome on your friends list.Social media is a simple way to keep abreast of what’s going on with your favorite companies, so why not add Smarthome to the mix? The company is active on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube and more. So you can take your pick or stay connected on all of them! Their posts are packed with details about new items, handy how-tos, and even installation videos that can help you set up and control your system to automate and protect your home. Putting Smarthome in your feed can lead you to a wealth of information, and it’s completely free.
- Need to return something? Smarthome makes it easy.We’ve all encountered instances where we ordered an item that just didn’t work out for us, and Smarthome fully understands that. Their return policy is simple, straightforward, and very easy to complete. The company allows returns for 30 days from the date that the item shipped to you. That gives you plenty of time to decide if it’s right for your home. If the product that you purchased is defective, Smarthome will cover the shipping of the faulty item as well as the updated freight charge for getting you a replacement. For their own signature Insteon product line, they will extend that warranty past the 30 days. However, after that timeframe, they’re unable to accept returns or exchanges for other brands. In that instance, you may need to contact the manufacturer directly to inquire about warranty information. If you simply changed your mind, Smarthome will not credit any shipping charges related to your return. If you placed your order online, just sign into your account on the website, and look for the “My Orders” tab on the left-hand side of your screen to get started. An RMA (or Return Merchandise Authorization) will be sent to you via email. If you placed your order over the phone, give their customer service team a call directly to get your return set up.
Everyone is looking for ways to make their hard-earned dollars go further, and we here at Coupon Surf are committed to doing just that. Be sure to use our coupons and Smarthome promo codes the next time you go shopping. And utilize the tricks that our researchers have found for you. If you find yourself with questions on which home automation device is best for you, don’t hesitate to contact Smarthome’s customer service department. They are ready, willing, and able to help you through all stages of the purchasing process. With Smarthome and Coupon Surf, you’re in control of great savings while you control the security and convenience of your home.