Tips and Tricks to Save More at Sephora
Our promo codes and coupons are an excellent start to saving a ton on your makeup and body care purchases at Sephora, but were you aware of the many other ways to fall in love with the season’s hottest hues without shrinking your bank account? From social media savings to reward program points, the discounts can really add up. If you’re unsure of how to get your hands on the hottest deals then read on, because we have put them right at your fingertips.
- Become a Beauty Insider to maximize your savings. Although many retailers have reward cards, Sephora’s points program is in a class by itself. There are three completely free tiers of membership each with its own perks. The more you purchase the higher you move up in the beauty rewards programs:
- The Beauty Insider is the first tier, and is what you will be a part of upon signup. At this level you can collect points towards rewards and coupons. You will also receive a free gift during your birthday month. To get your Sephora birthday gift you don’t need a coupon or code — simply show up at a Sephora store or redeem it online at checkout. Free birthday gifts include generous sample sizes of some of the hottest trends in hair, makeup and skin care. Also included with the Beauty Insider are free beauty how-to classes at your local brick and mortar location. These can go a long way when you want to know how to achieve the perfect smokey eye or the proper way to exfoliate for glowing skin.
- Once you have spent $350 you will achieve the VIB level. This level entitles you to all of the above perks plus savings on seasonal items, free surprise gifts based on your shopping preferences, and one free personalized makeover.
- For those of you that always have to have the newest trends and the best products, you will find it easy to reach the third tier: The VIB Rouge. This level is attainable once your purchases reach $1,000. At the VIB Rouge level you will get all of the above goodies plus free 2-day shipping on every order, access to their private hotline, as well as access to exclusive glam events.
- At all levels you will earn 1 point for every dollar spent. All points are redeemable at the Rewards Bazaar page on the website. There you can redeem points for things like Tarte Highlighting Moisturizer (100 points) or Benefit Cosmetics selfie kit (1,000 points). What could be better than more free beauty?
- Free shipping brings glamor to your doorstep free of charge.Have you ever really wanted to try a great new product, but felt a little disenchanted with the amount you’d have to pay for shipping on top of the wait time for it to arrive? Well, don’t worry, Sephora has your back. They offer free 3-day shipping on all orders $50 or over, all the time. Looking to test out a hot new exfoliant, but are worried you’ll be stuck with it if it doesn’t work on your skin? Fear not — returns are completely free as well.
- Is 3 days really the fastest you can get your beauty products? If you have to have that new shadow in time for a big event they also offers Sephora Flash service for those who use their Beauty Insider. For $10/year, you can get free 2-day shipping on all of your purchases. There is no minimum requirement for this service and it pays for itself in as little as two shipments! If you happen to be a VIB Rouge member the yearly fee is waived and you will receive free 2-day shipping on all orders.
- Who can say no to free samples?When you’re shopping for top deals at your favorite retailers, the word “free” is always an eye-catcher, and luckily, Sephora is a leader in freebies. For every order you place online and every purchase made at a Sephora location, you get your pick of 3 free samples, all goodies from names you love like Chloe, Burberry, Living Proof, and so much more. Their sample selection changes weekly, so you’ll never have a hard time picking out exactly what you want, and you can use it as a risk-free way to try out brand new products!
- Weekly Specials for Beauty Insiders!At Sephora, members of their Beauty Insider reward program get more than just points on every purchase — they get special discounts and promotions all throughout the website. One of these is their Weekly Specials which can be easily browsed through online, and although the sales change week-to-week, they are generally free with any $25 purchase. Be sure to check in daily to catch the freebies that appeal to you.
- Ahhh, the sweet scent of savings.Sephora carries some of the finest fragrances on the market, as well as a large selection for men and women. Sephora offers a free gift with certain perfume purchases on a regular basis. The gifts and brand names are always changing, so be sure to check frequently. You can’t you go wrong with perfume and adorable free accessories?
- Make Sephora your BFF.Social media has has made it so much easier for us to keep up with our favorite brands. If you follow Sephora on your Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, you will get the inside scoop on giveaways, discounts, and promotions that are exclusive to their followers. Additionally, if you’re a Beauty Insider member, you’ll get alerts on ways to earn extra points redeemable for a number of free makeup and skincare items right on your feed.
- Read up on the latest fashion trends.Fashion magazines play a huge role in exposing us to what’s hot right now, from all the latest runway looks to red carpet-ready makeup. The next time you make a purchase of $25 or more on Sephora.com, check for a promo code that will get you a free years’ subscription to any number of chic periodicals, including InStyle and similar magazines. Glammed up goods and free access to one of the biggest names in fashion publication? Yes, please!
- Blend it up for free!Beauty blending sponges have taken the industry by storm in recent years, and can be used for everything from foundation application to adding a little highlighter. If you’ve been on the hunt for your next blender, look no further than Sephora! It’s not uncommon for them to offer a free beauty blending sponge with any purchase of $25 or more, which allows you to get in on the craze without spending a dime. Be sure to check their freebies when you place your next order.
- Show your lips some love.Lip color is a classic staple of any makeup bag, and high-end lipsticks and glosses can turn your pout from drab to fab with a single swipe. Sephora is well known for offering free deluxe samples of all the top lipsticks absolutely free with any $25 purchase. You read that correctly — free color for your pucker when you spend $25 on any of their amazing products. Just look for the current promo code when you check out.
- Changed your mind? Just return or exchange it.If a product doesn’t work out the way you hoped it would, Sephora will take it back under certain conditions. Whether you purchased your item online or in-store, hang onto your receipt in case you need to return it. Sephora accepts returns for a full refund within 60 days of purchase, and up to 90 days with your refund on a store credit card. If you purchased the item online and would prefer not to wait for it to be sent back in the mail, you can return or exchange it at your local Sephora store location. If you do opt to send it back in the mail, it can take up to two weeks to see your refund. Sephora does not accept exchanges in the mail, or returns past 90 days from purchase. The best part is that you can return your cosmetics or fragrances when they have been used, which allows you to test out the product before deciding to return it. However, a majority of the product needs to remain to receive your full refund or process an exchange.
When you’re buying top-notch cosmetics, body care, and perfumes, you’re making a real investment in yourself. Being able to save money on that investment can make it all the more fulfilling. That’s why we here at Coupon Surf have sifted through the promo codes, deals, and discounts to help you maximize what you get for your money. As any beauty expert will tell you, it’s all in the details, and we have left no savings untapped for your next Sephora spree.