Tips and Tricks to Save More at Lens.com
Spending more than you have to on contact lenses can leave you, well, seeing red. Luckily, our team of savvy shoppers has compiled several tips to help clear things up when it comes to ordering cost-conscious contacts. Read on to learn how to make sense of Lens.com’s transparent pricing model, skip the cost of the eye doctor, and even earn some money along the way.
- Waiting to buy contacts? Make an online account first. When it comes to buying contact lenses—online or not—it can take some time to decide which one is the best fit for you. Whether you’re waiting for a prescription to come through or are simply weighing your contact lens options, Lens.com affords you the flexibility to order your eye care solutions on your schedule. But in the meantime, do yourself a favor and create a free online account. Existing customers will already have an account, but newcomers can sometimes snag a deal sent exclusively to subscribers before making their first purchase.
- Enjoy transparent shipping costs that make your contacts cheaper. According to Lens.com, other contact lens distributors may not always be so honest about how much shipping and processing really cost you. For example, other companies may state a low shipping rate, but actually hide those fees in higher-priced products. Lens.com, on the other hand, makes their shipping fees transparent, offering customers the ability to choose options that work for them and within their budget. And while these fees may seem higher than what other online contact lens providers charge, your total cost will likely be less expensive.
- Skip the search for cheap contact lenses and find them all in one place. With such an expansive inventory of contact lenses, it can be hard to focus only on those that are the most affordable. To make your search a little more streamlined, Lens.com has curated a collection of their least expensive contact lenses in a special section of their site. To see what amazing deals await, just head to the bottom of the home page and click “Cheap Contact Lenses.” While these products are as much as 70% cheaper than the retail price, they include some of the most reliable options on the market, including those from top brands such as Acuvue, Bausch & Lomb, Biofinity, and Dailies.
- Refer a friend to get $10. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly 30 million Americans use contact lenses. With those odds, you’re more than likely to have a few friends or relatives that fall into the category. And if those people you know haven’t used Lens.com yet, you can refer them to secure win-win rewards for you both. Specifically, when you invite a friend to order contacts from Lens.com, they’ll save $10 on their first purchase, and you’ll be rewarded with a $10 credit to use on the site.
- Make an investment in your eye health with no money down. If you’re interested in earning long-term health savings by protecting your eyes and improving your vision, you’ll definitely want to check out the Lens.com blog, known as “eyeSTYLE.” The blog is full of contact lens care tips, as well as highlights on the latest technologies that are helping people see better and spend less.
- Research your rebate opportunities. Many times, leading contact lens brands will offer rebates to customers for trying out their product. If you’re thinking about purchasing a new type of contacts, check with the brand to see if they offer a rebate. Keep in mind, many rebate offers come with unique terms and conditions that qualify you for a rebate. For instance, some may require you to get an eye exam and buy your contacts within a specific period after that exam. In any case, it’s something that could save you money after you make your Lens.com purchase.
- Visit the eye doctor less often for your contact lenses prescriptions. Through their partnership with Opternative, Lens.com makes it possible for you to take a vision test at home, get a real prescription from an ophthalmologist, and use it to order your contacts online. To take the test, all you need is a smartphone and computer. The cost of the whole process is $40, but given that you don’t have to go to the eye doctor, you could end up saving money, as well as time, if you don’t have vision insurance. Users should note that Lens.com explicitly states that their vision test is not a replacement for an eye health exam. You should still get regular in-person exams at least every two years to check for things like glaucoma, which could lead to blindness. There are also a few restrictions that can prevent you from taking the test—complete details are available on Lens.com.
- Strengthen your social media game for cool contact lens contests. While they may not be updated all the time, it’s a good idea to follow Lens.com on Twitter and Facebook. The company typically posts interesting news about eye health and tips to keep your informed. But more exciting is their occasional social media-based contests. The contests are pretty easy to enter and can win you some nice prizes, such as a $25 credit at Lens.com.
- Keep your insurance handy and process reimbursements. Depending on what type of vision insurance you have, you may be able to use your benefits to process a claim for your Lens.com order. Keep in mind that Lens.com is considered to be an “out-of-network” provider, so make sure your insurance offers that type of coverage. Although you’ll have to take the helm when processing your contact lens order to make an insurance claim, Lens.com makes it easier by providing easy links to popular providers and their claim forms.
- Use your online presence to earn money with Lens.com. If you run a website or blog that draws readers who are interested in affordable contact lenses (and remember, 30 million Americans wear them!), you could become a Lens.com affiliate to earn money. By advertising Lens.com promotions and directing customers to their site, you’ll get structured commissions on orders placed through your referral link. And since the program is free, there’s ultimately no risk in your attempt to earn money by hooking people up with low-cost contact lenses.
- Don’t lose sight of Lens.com’s amazing customer service—get easy returns when you need them. Lens.com understands that having comfortable contact lenses is a necessity for all those who have to wear them. Putting customer satisfaction first, Lens.com offers “hassle-free returns” on all orders that don’t meet expectations. So long as your contacts are unopened and have not expired, you can send them back to Lens.com at any time. Be sure to contact their customer service agents first, as they will also cover the return shipping to make things less burdensome for you.
Similarly, Lens.com has a simple Money-Back Guarantee that will provide you with a complete refund if you are not 100% satisfied with your product or have been given a faulty product or wrong prescription. So, if you’re nervous about ordering contact lenses online for the first time, these provisions should give you peace of mind in your purchase.
- Follow clear coupon code guidelines. To make sure you have a seamless shopping experience, be sure to read the terms of Lens.com discount codes, if available. Generally, Lens.com has a pretty straightforward coupon code policy that offers ultimate flexibility to help you maximize savings. Still, it’s typical that the company only allows for one Lens.com coupon per order.
With so many opportunities to save, earn, and get more for your buck, it’s clear that at Lens.com, what you see is what you get. Thanks to their transparent policies and commitment to customer service, you’ll have no problem getting contact lens savings when you use our Tips and Tricks. And with our Lens.com coupon codes, you can focus on even more savings when you buy contact lenses at great discount prices.