Tips and Tricks to Save More at Kohl’s
From fashion to housewares and decorations, Kohl’s has a little bit of everything for your home—and especially for your closet. When you combine our promo codes with these savings tips and tricks, you’ll be able to find whatever you need, at the price your wallet needs. These are all tried and true strategies to stretch your dollar just that little bit more to get the best deals possible, compiled by our expert researchers. From learning sales codes to simply signing up for e-mail alerts, you’ll be getting deep Kohl’s discounts and superb savings in no time!
- Kiosk shopping means free shipping!Kohl’s stores usually have at least one kiosk in the store, and multiple kiosks if it’s a large store. You can often find these near the customer service counter or the shoe departments. When you use the kiosk, you get access to the entire online Kohl’s catalog. So if you found a great shirt, but the store doesn’t carry all the colors you want, then get thee to a kiosk! You can search and find what you want in a wide variety of sizes, lengths, colors and styles. And better still, the items will be shipped to your home for free! Yep, any order you place on a kiosk includes free shipping. So be sure to take advantage of that major perk next time you’re in a Kohl’s store.
- Crack the codes for secret savings.Every big department store has basic codes and methods to help store associates organize items and keep track of sales. If you want to take the best advantage of store discounts, then you’ll want to learn the language. Here are a few codes you’ll want to be aware of at Kohl’s:
- Be aware of the square: You know those LCD price tags that you see on some items, especially sale items? Well, above the price and in the upper right-hand corner, you’ll sometimes see a little square. That little guy marks the arrival of the lowest price of the season. So this means you’re looking at the lowest price you’re ever going to see on that item, unless it goes on clearance once the season’s over.
- Keep up with the clearance schedule: Kohl’s clearance items get marked down on a schedule. Most of the time, they’ll start off at 60% off, then proceed to 70%, 80%, and finally down to 90% off. So if you see an item priced at 60% off in the clearance section, and there are plenty in stock, don’t jump on that discount just yet. If you wait, you could get anywhere from 10% to 30% more in savings.
- Look for the “S” for savings: Also on those LCD price tags, you may see letters in the upper right-hand corner. The letters BGH, for example, mean “buy one, get one half-off.” BB means “bonus buy.” And most importantly to keep in mind, “S” means “sale.” That means that the item will be on sale for 1 to 2 weeks at most, so you have a limited timeframe in which to take advantage of that reduced price.
- Yes, you should get the Kohl’s Charge Card.All right, so we know you’ve probably heard of the Kohl’s Charge Card. But we’re here to tell you that this store credit card is definitely worth it. Just for signing up, you get a 20% off coupon. Then you get 30% off on your first purchase with the card. And it doesn’t just stop there once you’ve signed up. Cardholders get access to a steady stream of discount coupons like that, which you can actually stack with other coupons either in-store or online. What’s more, you can pay your card off at any Kohl’s register or online at any time. Meaning you could make a purchase on the card, get the cardholder-only discounts, and then immediately pay off the balance. You get your discounts and you get off debt-free!
- Connect to the Wi-Fi and get a reward.That’s right, just for connecting to the Kohl’s in-store Wi-Fi network, you can get a coupon. These can include $5 off a $20 purchase, or $10 off a $30 purchase, or it can be a percent off coupon. It may depend on the store and the time of year. Either way, saving a few bucks is as easy as taking out your phone and hopping onto the Wi-Fi.
- Miss out on a sale? Don’t worry! If you miss a sale, there’s still time to get savings. All you have to do is bring your original receipt into the store, or e-mail a customer service representative, if the sale took place within 14 days after your purchase. You can also do this with any coupons that you forgot, or even with coupons that you didn’t receive until after you made your purchase.
- Yes2You means yes to discounts.Yes2You is the Kohl’s store rewards program, and it’s free to sign up. Once you’re a Yes2You rewards member, you’ll start to accrue points that will earn you percent and dollar off coupons throughout the year! Every dollar you spend equals out to a point. Once you get 100 points, you get $5 off! These can really add up over time, and it takes a few minutes, tops, to sign up for the Yes2You program. A small time investment brings big Kohl’s savings.
- Power Hour Specials are the best time to shop.Did you know that there are certain days and times when Kohl’s offers even more savings? Power Hour Specials usually take place on select days between the store’s opening until 1p.m, or on select days from 3p.m. to closing. You’ll often find advertisements for these specials about a week in advance in your newspaper or on the TV. Usually, they take place on Fridays and Saturdays a few times a month. And there are online Power Hour Specials too! Online shoppers can usually shop between 2p.m. and midnight on Friday, or between 12a.m. and 3p.m. on Saturday for the best deals.
- Hassle-free returns mean no angst at customer service.Kohl’s has a very generous returns policy. You can return your items for any reason, at any time. The only type of product that this excludes is any premium electronics. You don’t even need a receipt to make a return, either. If you paid with a credit card or with your Kohl’s Charge, the customer service department can look up exactly how much you spent. If you paid cash, then they’ll refund you whatever the item’s lowest price was during its run at the Kohl’s stores. So even though you don’t need that receipt, it’s best to hang onto it if you pay cash.
- Sign up for those alerts and get free discounts.When you sign up for e-mail or text alerts, you’ll receive discounts of up to 30%! You get a 15% discount just for signing up, and then access to special discounts once you’re on the list. Of course, you’ll also get all kinds of alerts about deals and sales, so you’ll never miss a savings opportunity.
- Kohl’s Cash has a grace period.Okay, just about everybody knows about Kohl’s Cash—those $5 off and up coupons that you can earn during certain “earning weeks” or other special occasions. You’ll also get Kohl’s cash in the mail during certain promotions. These coupons do expire, but did you know that there’s usually a grace period of 48 hours? This may vary from store to store, but most stores will accept your expired Kohl’s cash for up to 48 hours after that expiration date. Just be sure to check with the store before you reach the cash register!
Kohl’s is well-known for its sales and savings opportunities on fashions, housewares, and many other items. But if you take advantage of our insider’s secrets, then you can get even more for your money! When you use our tips here along with our promo codes, you’ll be sure to get the best savings, free shipping, Kohl’s coupons, and much more.