Tips and Tricks to Save More at Hilton Hotels
In addition to using select Hilton coupon codes when you make your reservation, there are many other ways you can increase your savings. Special programs like vacation packages, credit card partnerships, and Hilton rewards memberships can all entitle you to exclusive discounts, on-property credits, complimentary amenities, as well as free rooms. And if you book strategically—say for a group stay—you can likely snag a hefty discount on your Hilton reservations. Keep reading to see how you can check-in and check-out, while holding onto your cash.
- Rack up those rewards.One of the best ways to save at Hilton Hotels and Resorts is to spend more. The Hilton Honors (or HHonors) Rewards Program is designed to help you collect points as a continuous customer that you can cash in for a wide variety of cool products, trips and more. HHonors points are redeemable for countless luxury items like: free stays, travel experiences, dining, vacation packages, concerts, electronics and so much more.
Once you create your HHonors account, you can start racking up points by booking travel at any hotel within their brand. But that’s not the only way you can accumulate points—they offer rewards if you spend money with participating brands, such as restaurants, retail stores, and airlines. As you earn more points and book more travel, your HHonor Rewards Program status will continue to climb until you reach their prized Diamond status. These tiers offer a wide variety of incremental benefits, such as point multipliers, last-minute booking guarantees, free stays, complimentary Wi-Fi, courtesy meals, guaranteed discounts, and room upgrades. If you don’t think you’ll spend enough to get these rewards, there’s no risk to signing up—becoming a member is free!
- Pre-plan with money-saving packages.Hilton offers vacation and travel packages for virtually every type of experience, including weekend stays, romantic getaways, and family adventures. While booking a package may cost more upfront, the savings you’ll get in added amenities, points and more are well worth it. For example, many packages entitle you to an upgraded room, free Wi-Fi, as well as on-property credits that you can put toward spa services, meals, or a round of golf.
Packages aren’t just limited to special deals at the hotel—many offers are designed to give you unique vacation opportunities, such as those that include the cost of amusement park tickets, off-site dining, and adventurous excursions. Booking packages is even more beneficial if you’re an HHonors member, as many of these deals will credit extra points to your rewards account.
- Add the app, amp up your Hilton savings.The benefits of downloading the HHonors app are two-fold: You get a free resource to streamline your trip itinerary and you can get exclusive benefits. With the app, it’s much easier to book the room you want at your favorite hotels and resorts. You’ll also enjoy convenient perks, such as getting digital keys that allow you to instantly access your room at select properties. The HHonors app also offers great Hilton deals to users who want to take advantage of last minute deals and bonus offers, such as by alerts for exclusive spa and dining promotions.
- Maximize your memberships to stretch your dollar further. Hilton is proud to partner with several national and global brands to help you save more money on your travels. For example, if you’re a member of AAA, AARP or the US Military, you can save 10% on your booking just by letting them know when you reserve your room. That’s a pretty significant savings for a membership you may already have on hand.
- Cash in with credit.Looking for a credit card with great terms and even better benefits? Hilton is partnered with Citi and American Express to offer HHonors members increased opportunities to earn points. Every card has unique opportunities to multiply reward points on select purchases, and some accounts will accrue points on any type of charge. Depending on the card you qualify for, these accounts can entitle to you many other benefits as well, such as flexible financing, no annual fees, and low interest rates.
- Boost Hilton discounts with their “Best Price Guarantee.”If you’re the type of shopper who has a penchant for price comparison, you’ll love Hilton’s “Best Price Guarantee.” Essentially, this program is designed to ensure that you will always get the best rate when your book through an official Hilton reservation specialist. If you find a lower price through a competing booking channel within 24 hours of your original reservation, you can submit a claim to Hilton. After it’s verified, they won’t just match the lower rate—they will also give you an added 25% discount on your stay. Keep in mind: If you’re an HHonors member, booking through Hilton also offers the advantage of extra rewards points, which is something you wouldn’t get through a travel site.
- Get deep discounts with group rates.Hilton is in the business of booking rooms, which means they offer incredible incentives to customers who can guarantee group reservations. If you’re traveling with a large group, be sure to review Hilton’s group rate opportunities before booking your stay. For example, Hilton properties offer exceptional discounts to parties that are attending special occasions held on-site, such as weddings, class reunions, and corporate events. If you’re planning an overnight field trip for a school or organizing a travel sports competition, you’ll likely be able to score a significant discount on your room.
- Make the most of your meetings. Hilton offers simplified meeting packages for business gatherings with up to 25 guests. Meeting packages make it easy to reserve a meeting space at one of their luxury conference rooms. This Hilton deal also comes with several perks that can help with productivity, including nonalcoholic beverage service throughout the day, complimentary office supplies, and basic Wi-Fi access. You’ll also be able to add meal options if you’re planning a lengthy get together for your company.
- Upgrade your room for free.Aiming for 100% customer satisfaction, Hilton is happy to offer upgrades free-of-charge to many customers when rooms are available. For example, if you are staying during a special occasion—such as a birthday or anniversary—just let the reservation specialist know when you book your room and they may be able to extend an upgrade at no cost. Even if you don’t have a special reason to request an upgrade, it’s always worth asking about opportunities when you check-in at the front desk. If extra rooms are available, Hilton has a reputation for giving you the upgrade for no extra fee.
- Win free stays and more when you get lucky with a Hilton contest. Even if you don’t need to book a room during a specific time, it’s worth checking out the Hilton site to see what contests their hotels are sponsoring. There’s usually always at least one contest open to give you a chance at winning a free stay at one of their luxury resorts. While many of the contests will ask you a couple questions and request your contact information, they are pretty easy to fill out and completely free to enter.
- Stay cautious of cancellation policies and exclusions. While there are plenty of opportunities to save and earn when you’re a Hilton guest, it’s important to stay clear on cancellation policies and early departure fees. Each reservation will come with a hold time, which will give you an indication of when you can cancel without having to pay a penalty. If you think you may leave your room before your reserved check-out date, see if you can qualify for an early check-out ahead of time, or else you may have to pay an early departure fee. If you cancel a reservation that you made with HHonors rewards points, keep in mind that it may take up to 3 days for points to be credited back to your account.
With all of these savings opportunities and special programs in your hotel reservation toolkit, it’s hard not to save when you book a room at a Hilton hotel or resort. In addition to all of these discounts, don’t forget to check out the current Hilton coupon codes we’ve pulled together. Many times, these codes can increase the savings you’ll already be earning through your Hilton reservation.