Tips and Tricks to Save More at Darn Good Yarn
Crocheting a bunch of scarves for friends and family this winter doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a needle. There are a bunch of ways to get your yarn and apparel into your basket without blowing your budget. Read on to learn how to unlock free shipping, get rewards by signing up for Karma Points, and much more. You’ll also learn about a return policy that makes shopping easy. Plus, you’ll discover how joining the affiliate program can make the most out of your shopping spree.
- Did somebody say free shipping? Whenever you’re ordering online, the last thing you want to worry about is outrageous shipping charges. With Darn Good Yarn, your shipping fees will vary depending on the item you purchase from them. However, if it’s your first time ordering from Darn Good Yarn, you’ll have the option to grab a FREE shipping deal! Once you fill your cart and head on to checkout, you’ll be prompted on your first purchase to use a special promo code for free shipping. Again, this only works on your very first purchase, but it’s a pretty good deal to get you started! This deal is only allowed to be used once per order, and it doesn’t count toward any BOGO items. Shipping is generally affordable, and it even gets to you pretty quickly, too. Orders in the US take only 5-7 business days to hit your doorstep. You’ll even have an expedited shipping option to speed up the process even further, but it will come at an extra charge to you. For all the details about shipping and all the methods available, you can take a look at the Shipping Information link at the bottom of the Darn Good Yarn homepage.
- Sign up for Karma Points and find good karma in every purchase. If you find yourself coming back to Darn Good Yarn for more beautiful patterns or merchandise, you might be interested in signing up for Karma Points. This is the Darn Good Yarn version of a rewards program, so earning points on every purchase will help unlock special deals and discounts. Here’s how it works:
- The basic rule of Karma Points is that you’ll earn 5 points per every dollar you spend. You’ll be able to earn a bunch of points at once when you’re active on the site. For example, when you create an account to start buying from Darn Good Yarn, you’ll earn yourself 200 points right off the bat. If you refer a friend, you’ll get a whopping 1,000 points!
- Now, the point of all these points is to unlock awesome discounts. When you hit your 500 point mark, you’ll get a $5 discount or a $5 gift card to use however you want on the site. If you shop til you drop or refer a friend and earn 1,000 points, you’ll get yourself a $10 discount. You’ll keep unlocking as you keep buying and earning, so the discounts never end.
- It’s easy to sign up for Karma points through the link at the bottom of the Darn Good Yarn homepage. Fill everything out and earn yourself 200 points for signing up. The more points you earn, the more you’ll save, and the more good karma you’ll receive.
- Wholesale yarn can save you a whole lot. Whether you’re looking to sell some yarn yourself or you’re just working on a really big project, the wholesale option is perfect for you. You’ll have to contact Darn Good Yarn before you can get going, but the benefits are really worth your while. For starters, you and your potential customers won’t have to worry about getting any low-quality yarn, because Darn Good Yarn has an inspection protocol for every strand. You’ll even save up to 65% on regular prices and you won’t have to worry about any minimums. Being a business owner can also get you some perks. However, the best deals are kept secret until you become an official wholesale client. To get details about wholesale with Darn Good Yarn, go to the Resources menu on the bottom of the web site and click on Wholesale Info to get started.
- Join the affiliate program for darn good deals. If you run your own website or blog and you think your visitors would love the products from Darn Good Yarn, you should consider joining the affiliate program. Along with cool banners and links to embed in your website, you’ll be earning 10% commission on every sale. When the average sale is around $42, that’s a darn good deal! You’ll also get a 30 day cookie, along with high conversion rates and customer satisfaction. You can find all the info you need to know under the Affiliate link, so be sure to check it out.
- Darn Good Yarn returns won’t put you in a tangle. Darn Good Yarn is all about customer service and satisfaction, which means they want to make sure you’re happy with every single item you order. To make things easy for you, they have a return policy in case you aren’t completely satisfied with your purchases. There’s an even easier way to do it. All you have to do is click on the Return Policy link to access a small form. This is how you’ll contact customer service and let them know you want to make a return, as long as it’s within 30 days from your ship date. Just fill out your name, email, and phone number along with a little message explaining your return or exchange. The people at Darn Good Yarn will give you a Return Merchandise Authorization number to go with your order. You’ll need to provide this number with your shipment back to them. The good news is, you’ll only have to pay a flat rate of $5 to send your items back. That’s right, there aren’t any crazy shipping fees here, either—you get free shipping on returns. Once you’ve made a successful return, you can expect your refund through your original payment method. That’s it! It really is an easy process, but make sure you follow every step. Any Darn Good Yarn returns that aren’t put through this process might end up costing you a 25% restocking fee, so make sure you do everything correctly. For the entire return policy and to get started on making your return, click the Return Policy link.
- Like Darn Good Yarn on social media. You know you have your phone or tablet nearby. Why not take a few minutes and follow Darn Good Yarn on your favorite social media platforms? This can be a great resource for learning about all the gorgeous yarns that are offered. And it gives you inspiration for your next project. You’ll also find plenty of helpful Darn Good Yarn reviews on certain yarns, so you can see what others think before you buy. The company will often post about new products added to their inventory, like pretty dream catchers. Social media is a good place to look for special sales and deals going on, like a Flash Sale on cotton wrap skirts. Usually, these types of sales will only last for a limited time, so check your newsfeed to get deals while they last. There are also some giveaways you might be interested in. Darn Good Yarn has a presence on Facebook and Instagram, so make sure you check them both out for the best deals and inspiration.
When it comes to shopping with Darn Good Yarn, there really isn’t a wrong way to save. You’ll get deals, free shipping, rewards points and savings on environmentally friendly yarns. Plus, you’ll be helping people all over the world by buying ethically sourced products that support women’s economic empowerment and fair trade. Be sure to check back with Coupon Surf for the latest Darn Good Yarn deals and discounts. It’s also a good idea to keep these tips and tricks in mind the next time you start your new knitting project.